The nationally recognised Lifeline Crisis Supporter Training in Cairns equips students with the skills and knowledge to undertake the Crisis Supporter volunteer role.
The training course is in three stages:
- Stage 1: Initial Training (blended learning)
- Stage 2: Student Placement
- Stage 3: Internship
Read the full pre-enrolment course information, Student Position Description and RTO Compliance Manual here:
Pre-enrolment course information booklet
Cairns Student Crisis Supporter Position Description
RTO Compliance Manual
- Face to face: TBC
- Online: Zoom video conference – login details on request
Lifeline Crisis Supporter Training in Cairns costs $550 (no concessions available).
How to apply
There is a comprehensive selection process when applying for the course. To apply, you must
- Complete an application form via our Volunteering Portal.
- Attend an information session.
- Attend an interview.
Before you get started with the application process, it is helpful to have the following completed and ready to go:
- Download and read the pre-enrolment course information.
- Obtain your Unique Student Identifier (USI). You can complete this at www.usi.gov.au.
Sign up for training to become a volunteer
To sign up, visit our Volunteering Portal.
Simply follow our three-step sign-up:
- Select an information session in your region.
- Start your application by creating an account.
- Sign up for an information session.
Please note: Course places are limited and in some centres applications outnumber course capacity. If there is no current availability, please sign up to the waiting list.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.